Vice President, Sciences
Job Title: Vice President, Sciences
Reports To: CEO
Management Level: Member of Senior Management Team
Location: Toronto, Canada
AGRI-NEO’s mission is to help safely feed the world. Globally recognized as one of the top food safety technology companies their vision to accomplish this is to set new food safety standards with their treatments for seeds, grains, nuts, spices, flour, and more foods in the future. Their product lines include Neo-Pure and Neo-Temper that leverage our proprietary technology of liquid formulas and systems that apply their solutions onto foods in food processing facilities. These solutions control pathogens such as Salmonella and E. coli to ensure the food is safe to eat and to prevent recalls. They have several customers throughout North America and Latin America, including large mainstream food processors that treat food continuously at high throughputs. They are scaling their products at more mainstream customer sites to ensure they do set new food safety standards to help safely feed the world.
Your role will be to lead the development process for commercializing new food safety products. You will be directly responsible for our formulations, approvals, patents, publications, laboratories, and testing. You will also support products that are in the market with continuous improvements, validations at customer sites, and tech support linked to microbiology and food quality.
You will lead an established team of microbiologists, chemists, lab technicians, and regulatory affairs professionals to accomplish this. You will also direct the stage gate process for launching new products. This is a cross functional responsibility that involves working with Engineering, Operations, Commercial, and Finance. You will also join the Management Team and report directly to the CEO. You will work closely with our Science Committee that includes advisors with critical expertise to leverage. You will also be the technical representative of the company working with external partners and influencers.
The leader that takes on these responsibilities will need to be process oriented, highly collaborative, facilitate innovation, and be able to prioritize resources. You will have many people on your team to bring up ideas for new products and product improvements. Being open to these ideas and encouraging them, while also being able to decipher which are the best ideas to focus on, will be critical. Developing relationships with regulators, key customers, and the management team, will be essential to your success and will require some travel to the US. Lastly, developing your team to work hard, holding them accountable, and developing their skills will be important.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- Graduate degree in either microbiology, chemistry, biochemistry, or a related field (Ideally Ph.D.)
- 10+ years of work experience with 5+ years in leadership roles in science-related work
- Experience in food and beverage industry, either in food processing, or as a supplier of equipment or chemicals
- Experience in microbiology, chemistry, and regulatory affairs
- Experience launching new products and leading stage gate processes cross functionally
- Success in working with regulators and external groups to commercialize products
- Hard worker that will drive the team to execute at a high level and quickly
- Flexibility and ability to travel to customers and regulators in the United States (10-30% of time)
- Team player that is highly collaborative with management team members and other functions
- Strong leadership skills, enjoys coaching scientists and technical team
- Problem solver, demonstrates ability, perseverance, and ownership to solve complex problems
- Desire to plan the future, with focus on identifying resources needed to build our capabilities
- Strong desire to have a social impact with your work and building a company for long term
How To Apply
This position will be located at the Agri-Neo office located in Etobicoke, Ontario. Therefore, local candidates will be given preference.
For consideration please apply HERE. As part of our commitment to inclusivity, diversity, equity and accessibility, our goal is a workforce built on respect that reflects the communities we serve. We thank all applicants for their interest in MaxPeople but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.